Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   February 26th 2010, 9:41 am

After being cancelled last year, this event is back again. A motor trade show mainly, but with a large number of club and individuals also showing their P & J's. Plenty to see and do.

I have made initial contact with the organiser, and he is aware that we will be attending. I just need to give him numbers nearer the date.

Last edited by Ian V on February 28th 2010, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 2nd 2010, 6:26 pm

Hi all,

I know that this is a little early, but with being away at Le mans from the 10th -14th it doesn't leave much time to arrange things when I get back.

Anyway, after a break last year the show returns again to the NatWest Rowley Mile Racecourse at Newmarket. I have previously organised and attended with a certain other group ( guess who !) and can highly recommend it as a show. I have a club stand booked for us again this year and now just need you all to sign up to attend !

As normal with some of these shows we will need to be on site and set up before 10 am I believe.

More details about the show can be found on their website HERE

So, if you would like to be part of our club display could you let me have your car details as soon as you can please. I will need to advise the show of final numbers around the 16th I would guess.

Any questions ask away.
Back to top Go down
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 2nd 2010, 6:34 pm

Ian

We are up for that!

TVR 350i A189 VVX

Thats as long as I have filled it up from last and this weekend!

Might bring another as well but will let you know closer to the date!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 4th 2010, 10:46 am

Yep - I'm ok for this Ian. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 5th 2010, 2:40 pm

Hi

Well just filled it up and it only took 30lt so with the milage done since last fill 22 to the gall not bad!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 15th 2010, 2:30 pm

Final Call

This show is now less than 2 weeks away. So far we only have 3 cars booked and I need to get a fianl list to the organiser tommorrow. So if you fancy attending and haven't contacted me yet please be quick.

Attending so far :

Myself : Corvette C5
Andy : TVR 350i (with petrol !)
Colin : TVR Tamora.
Paul : TVR Chimaera 500 (possible)
Back to top Go down
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 15th 2010, 7:48 pm

Twisted Evil got the dash back in this afternoon so should be there cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NASCAR

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 15th 2010, 8:35 pm

Cannot make this one Ian as will be nursing a hangover after going to Poms v Oz one day international at Old Trafford on the previous day. Hope weather will be ok and if Rob does attend he does not wear those shorts!

The 88 and 47 rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 16th 2010, 10:07 am

Sorry to leave this one a bit late, I hope to be there, but depending on forthcomming daughters house move, may get roped into helping out with that. Awaiting the completion date, which is looking like Fri 25th, so that will take my weekend up! Should know for definate in next couple of days.
If so, think it will be in the Griff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 16th 2010, 4:29 pm

Peter, hope the hangover goes well ! lol!

Nigel, I've booked a provisional space for you so once you know for definate can you let me know.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 19th 2010, 8:03 pm

Just had it confirmed that we need to be on site and parked up by 9.15am latest for this event. It would appear that mixing moving cars and predestrians will course the world to end !!!!

I will send round an email later this week, but would propose that we meet at the Tesco's car park coming into Newmarket on the A142 from Ely at say 8.30am ( I know, I know it's a bit early for a Sunday) affraid
Back to top Go down
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 19th 2010, 10:08 pm

Ian

Sorry count us out, These times will mean we have to leave St neots by 7.30 and that is not on for a Sunday.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 20th 2010, 9:36 am

Some of us will need to be leaving well before 7.30 Andy. I made it plain in my second post that we would need to be on site and set up by 10.00, as it happens it is a little earlier than this but I don,t make the rules. Sorry you can't now make it.

That now leaves me with 3 cars booked and a couple of maybe's, not really the response I was hoping for. Think I may have to reconsider what events to attend next year. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 20th 2010, 11:21 am

I suppose basically there's not enough members in the club to give a good avereage turn out is there. So is it just

Ian
PK500
Me

?

I may have no badge on the front of mine whilst I'm waiting for a new one. Hey ho. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 20th 2010, 5:55 pm

Ian
I understand, if it was be there at 10.as you originaly said no problem but by 9 - 915 sorry Sunday is my only layin of the week, (I m up at 5.00 most days.)

The three of you have a good day.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 20th 2010, 7:45 pm

Would we look a bit silly with just three cars though ? I'm still ok for it with or without badge as I don't get out much these days anyway. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 21st 2010, 8:04 am

Mr M wrote:
Would we look a bit silly with just three cars though ? I'm still ok for it with or without badge as I don't get out much these days anyway. Sad

Not a lot of option, whether we look silly or not. I have worked well with Mike the organiser for many years now and don't intend to let him down at the last minute, even if it was only me going. Still two 'possibles', so we could increase our numbers yet.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 21st 2010, 1:32 pm

Daughters completion date was set for this friday, so unfortunately won`t be able to make it. Will be in a Luton van instead

Hopefully be finished by sunday lunchtime, if so will come down and give some support all be it with the public

I think the show organisers may well loose a lot of people in future years if they continue with this strict approach with times.
Bloody health and safety gone mad again
I seem to remember at the last show when trying to leave the site a bit early, there were marshals virtually laying down in front of the car to prevent you getting off site
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 21st 2010, 6:56 pm

Nigel Lewis wrote:

I think the show organisers may well loose a lot of people in future years if they continue with this strict approach with times.
Bloody health and safety gone mad again
I seem to remember at the last show when trying to leave the site a bit early, there were marshals virtually laying down in front of the car to prevent you getting off site

I know what you mean Nigel, but at the end of the day it's their insurers rules and if we choose to attend it's those rules (albeit stupid) that we have to abide by.

I've said very often before that this H & S stupidity doesn't seem to have reached the Yank and hot rod shows yet (thank God !) with cars freely moving about during the show.

As much as I like this show, if numbers interested this year are anything to go by don't think we will be attending as a club again.
Back to top Go down
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 22nd 2010, 9:50 pm

i think steve in his fury is coming and richard in his very nice cobra subject to weather, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 23rd 2010, 5:03 pm

Thanks Paul for your recuiting efforts, it's very much appreciated.

I suggest that we meet at the Tesco carpark in Newmarket (MAP HERE) at about 8.30am with an aim of leaving at 8.45am prompt. That way we would easily be in by the 9.15am requested.
Back to top Go down
The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 25th 2010, 8:24 am

Back on line after 7 days with no connection! I wont be attending this event Im in London this weekend

phil Smile

Last edited by The Stig on June 27th 2010, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 25th 2010, 8:29 am

Argh the wanderer returns ! Wondered where you had gone Phil.

Did you get my email last night regarding Kimbolton and Duxford ?
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 25th 2010, 9:14 am

Ian V wrote:
Argh the wanderer returns ! Wondered where you had gone Phil.
The Stig has been busy polishing his Helmet laying down in a darkened room no doubt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   June 25th 2010, 3:10 pm

> I wont be attending this event in London this weekend

? Is that the event in Scotland last year. ?

Sorry that was a bit obscure but on a par with Phil I thought. Let's hope it's not going to be p*ssing down tomorrow though I fear the forecast is for rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.   

Back to top Go down

Sun 27th June. Two Counties Motor Show, Newmarket.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next