Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 7th 2010, 6:13 pm

Ian/Colin

What this no BBQ, shame its part of the event!

Colin the BBQ is no bigger than a small over night bag.

But again unless somebody there to organise the BBQ, bring the food etc its always to much like hard work for some people!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 7th 2010, 10:18 pm

Andy I must admit I'm not really fussed about a BBQ personally. What does everyone else think ? and don't all speak at once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 7th 2010, 10:25 pm

Is that rob the hoff with a pink chavete is see on the list Razz not so fussed about bbq hope theres a hog roast there thoe bounce i would put a spare can of fuel in my boot rather than a bbq Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 8th 2010, 1:11 am

I haven't noticed anyone with a pink cravat. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 9th 2010, 10:05 am

Mr M wrote:
I haven't noticed anyone with a pink cravat. Shocked
You could start a new trend Colin, should go really well with that orange hat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 9th 2010, 10:39 am

Na.. I don't t think "hello sailor" is quite my style. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 9th 2010, 10:07 pm

No hello anya is more like your style Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 9th 2010, 10:14 pm

Hey who rattled your cage !!.. Anyway you know you want her really..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 13th 2010, 7:01 pm

RV TIMES & PLACES FOR SUNDAY

The organisers have requested that we arrive before 10.00am, as last year, so I propose we meet at the Brampton Hut services near Huntington at 9.00 for a 9.15 get away.

For those who are unsure the Brampton Hut services are at the junction of the A1 and the A14. We will meet on the forecourt of the BP petrol station as normal.

I have all the passes and will hand these out at the RV. Also, a reminder that there is a £5.00 reduced admission charge per car payable at the gate. I'm guessing that we will be in the same position as last year, but obviously the marshalls will point us in the correct direction once there.

So far we have 8-9 cars booked, so more passes still available if there are any last minute interested parties.

I believe that covers it all. See you on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
ViperNigel

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 13th 2010, 8:00 pm

See you all there. Hoping it will be a bit drier this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ffwdpm.com
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 13th 2010, 8:44 pm

Weather forecast looking good at the moment for the weekend, so fingers crossed.
Think we need to get away from Brampton sharp, as the que to get in soon builds back onto the road, and can mean sitting in stationary traffic for an age.

Would it help if we got the Stig to walk in front of our convoy with all of his influence lol! His Helmet can take pride of place on the stand affraid

Colin, do you need an alarm call at 6am, need to make sure that Tamora is at its best Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 13th 2010, 10:20 pm

bom

Last edited by The Stig on July 14th 2010, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 14th 2010, 8:02 am

Ian, have we got a lay out plan? do you know where abouts we are placed this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 14th 2010, 8:40 am

Nigel Lewis wrote:
Ian, have we got a lay out plan? do you know where abouts we are placed this year?

We are on stand 22.

The letter with the passes says ' once again we will be trying to locate clubs in the same location as last year'. It also says that there is an enclosed site plan, but there wasn't ! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 14th 2010, 6:13 pm

Hi

I will becoming from the opposite direction, so will see you there. The organisers were asking for everone to be there before 10.00 Who are they kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The traffice will build up at around 9.30 so Ian I would suggest and earlier start for you lot, as I have sat in many a traffic jam getting in to Kimbolton and thats before 9.30!

O! Colin I heard a certain woman is looking for a lift!! Will you do the gentlemanly thing and give her one (A Lift)

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 15th 2010, 8:02 am

Andy H wrote:
Hi

I will becoming from the opposite direction, so will see you there. The organisers were asking for everone to be there before 10.00 Who are they kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The traffice will build up at around 9.30 so Ian I would suggest and earlier start for you lot, as I have sat in many a traffic jam getting in to Kimbolton and thats before 9.30!

O! Colin I heard a certain woman is looking for a lift!! Will you do the gentlemanly thing and give her one (A Lift)

Andy

Having done Kimbolton for a number of years now I know the traffic will be bad, but last year we didn't leave Brampton Hut until gone 9.30am and, although we did sit in traffic, it wasn,t that bad. At the end of the day unless we get up at the crack of dawn there will always be traffic at these events to contend with, and I for one don't fancy the crack of dawn on a Sunday ! Smile
Back to top Go down
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 16th 2010, 7:13 am

colin would like the crack of someone on sunday affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 17th 2010, 8:30 pm

Well, popped over to Wedgefest today, and sure enough Andy was there with two wedges, pure greedy some people lol! lol!

Colin/Paul your friend wasn`t there No No Never mind i suppose she may show tomorrow affraid So, Colin don`t forget to comb your hair and do your flies up, you never know, it could be your lucky day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 18th 2010, 7:37 pm

Great show today good weather this year did somebody forgett to fuel up Laughing or what day it was Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 18th 2010, 9:42 pm

Great day today, massive turn out overall and some fantastic cars on display.

With regards to our trophy hunter, I think someone nicked his wheels affraid as the car was on axle stands when i saw it last lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 19th 2010, 8:10 am

As the others had said, a really great show again. Thanks to all who came along to be part of our club display, we even ended up with an Ultima who thought he was following the PH group in !!! lol!

So Andy, was it a petrol, navigation or time problem that keep you away ? Would be nice to know. Very Happy

Here are my pictures of our little set up.

And finally the lost Ulitma !!

Back to top Go down
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 19th 2010, 9:27 am

Hi

Glad you had a good show, sorry we didn't make it! By the time we got packed up at Wedgefest etc we would have got to Kimbolton after 1.00 so we decide to give it a miss! Anyway by the look of the display you didn't need two more TVR's

So it was time not Petrol! which has never been a problem when the fuel gauge works proberly!

But the most important thing did Colin have a good day

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 19th 2010, 3:18 pm

Had to post these cracking photos of Nigel's Sag on here. They were taken by James Morris (Forthright MC) of PH fame, and posted with all his other event photos on his Facebook page. I have his permission to post them, and have also forwarded them on to Nigel. Thanks James.

Some of the best I have seen. He really has caught the colours within the paint very well. Full marks that man !

Last edited by Ian V on July 19th 2010, 3:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 19th 2010, 3:24 pm

Andy H wrote:
Hi

Glad you had a good show, sorry we didn't make it! By the time we got packed up at Wedgefest etc we would have got to Kimbolton after 1.00 so we decide to give it a miss! Anyway by the look of the display you didn't need two more TVR's

So it was time not Petrol! which has never been a problem when the fuel gauge works proberly!

But the most important thing did Colin have a good day

Andy

Colin had a good day, "Fit Bird" free though lol!

Anyway, This thread is lacking without a picture of the new trophy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   July 20th 2010, 6:59 pm

Colin had a good day, "Fit Bird" free though lol!

Anyway, This thread is lacking without a picture of the new trophy

If Colin had a "Fit Bird" free day, Annya must have been there then!

Ref new trophy.
Martin Lilley doesn't like giving a trophy to the same car two years running!
He said my car was the best again, but thought that somebody else should win, which didn't go down well with the other Judge Ralph Dodds very well as he said mine was best by a long way so. I got second and a Red 400SE got first!

So at Griff growl beware of Martin's policy.

I am just happy with the response with every body ref my car and Rose's car which appears to be a very rare car indeed!!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.   

Back to top Go down

Sun 18th July. Kimbolton Charity Classic & Country Fayre.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next