Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1959 Ford Pop hotrod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: 1959 Ford Pop hotrod   October 17th 2013, 8:40 am

Well it's with a heavy heart that I have to report that the Pop is for sale. Only owned it since August. Bought it in what I thought was good condition, only needing the interior re-trimming. After getting through all the 'issues' and getting it back on the road, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't going to work as a replacement for the Corvette. I've always wanted a Pop since the early 80's and my time in a hotrod club back then. Well now I've 'scratched that itch'.

She's a 1959, correctly registered as a 5.7. Running a 1971 Ford Cleveland 351 and autobox which appear to be in great shape, now starts on the button with new coil, no smoke or nasty noises. Just changed oil. Has a Holley carb fitted. The chrome on the rocker covers and air filter aren't great, but a nice easy and cheap fix. Rear axle is a narrowed Jag IRS, front is a beam axle (original ?) with disc hubs fitted on a 4 bar link system and adjustable shocks. Slot mags all round. Bodywork in great shape with no rust. Underside has been under sealed right though. Paint again is great with only a couple of tiny marks if I'm being very picky.

The interior has been completely overhauled. The old tatty bench seat has been replaced with seats from a Hyundai Coupe. New grey carpets and trim panels in matching grey leathercloth. Brand new seat belts fitted. It's a 2 seater with the rear bench carpeted. All that is left to complete is the Bakalite trims for the rear side windows and the roof lining. I'll be leaving these for the new purchaser.

It's had a new fuse board fitted along with some major tidying of the wiring. New rear discs and pads, new coil (old one failed on first trip out !), new points, exhaust sorted to stop a major blow at one manifold, plus lots of little things sorted that I wasn't made aware of !

Taxed till July 14 (free) and MOT till Aug 19th 2014 although now exempt.

Below are a few pictures as she is now. The car is in South Lincs and as I work from home, viewing isn't a problem at any time.

Looking for £8000 ono. 01406 424719.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Ford Pop hotrod   November 5th 2013, 4:14 pm

Deposit taken earlier today. It's off to it's new home end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Ford Pop hotrod   November 7th 2013, 1:23 pm

Bye, bye custard car.

Just left with it's new owner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Ford Pop hotrod   

Back to top Go down