Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Another wedge for Andy !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 7:55 am

Well the phantom wedge napper has done it again ! Laughing

Andy sent me these pictures of his latest purchase, a 280i auto which is going to be for Rose. In the usual TVR way it is a bit of a 'pick n mix' as it has the later 400se type dash in an earlier type shell as well as the 'federal' type rubber inserts on the bumpers. Looks very nice though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 12:39 pm

Blimey Andy, you will soon be able to hold your own car show bounce

When will it be making its appearance Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 12:41 pm

Yeah, he's even more greedy than you Nigel ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 12:56 pm

Yeah, but i only use one at a time.
At his current rate, he will have to start planning for a show about three days beforehand. Forget the trailer/jeep combination Andy, just buy a secondhand car transporter instead lol! you know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 7:45 pm

Ian
I can forgive you ignorance about "wedges" as you now have an American plastic pig! (You should have keeped your "wedge")

This is a Series 3 car, infact the first series 3 car, they only made about 20 then wedge production stopped!

The body style is in fact the last wedge style were it doesn't have any seams. Also its not a 400 interior its a SEAC interior, they look similar but there is a differance.

We had a small problem tonight, when Rose tried to get into the drivers seat of my 350i to try the seating and pedals, and she had a great deal of difficulty with the pedals but the 280i auto is different so a try out on Saturday is called for!

If that goes OK (Think we will still have it) it should be on the road in time for Rushden.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 25th 2010, 7:52 pm

Nigel

Now you idea of a car transporter is not daft, I have already considered that!
It would also mean I could get your two TVR's to a show!
Now that would be a rare happening!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 26th 2010, 8:19 am

Andy H wrote:
Ian
I can forgive you ignorance about "wedges" as you now have an American plastic pig! (You should have keeped your "wedge")

This is a Series 3 car, infact the first series 3 car, they only made about 20 then wedge production stopped!

The body style is in fact the last wedge style were it doesn't have any seams. Also its not a 400 interior its a SEAC interior, they look similar but there is a differance.

Andy

Andy, I'm not trying to 'burst your bubble' but if the reg is correct that would make it 1987 /88 car. This is about the same time as the 400se started production (mine was a 1990) and this run until early 1992 I believe. They produced around 242 of this model, there was also the 350se and the SEAC's, so no way was your car one of the last 20. I also don't ever remember there being a series 3 car at all. Your car is definately the earlier 350i body style (see here). I hear what you are saying about the 'seams' on your car, and this does appear stange (maybe they have been filled ?), but it is definately not the later more rounded bodystyle as the front spoiler was a lot different on these cars. The wedge pages also states that the last US export (federal) car was 1987 which would tie in perfectly with your car. This was also the last year of 280 production.

Having owned my 400se for over 5 years I would like to think that my wedge 'ignorance' is virtually none existent. lol!
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 26th 2010, 9:40 am

Now then now then, put those handbags away gentlemen lol!

At the current rate, we could nearly start a sub division of the FCCC and call it the future classic wedge club. Membership wouldn`t be allowed until you had at least 5 wedges affraid so keep checking them ebay pages Andy bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 26th 2010, 8:36 pm

Ian & Nigel

Its not handbags at dawn more like damp towels at tea time!

Whilst Ian has made some valid points the fact is this is the first of the last 20 or so 280i, made in May 1987, which ended production in 1988. It's not an old body design in fact it is the last design of the 280i/350i cars a series 3 car!
TVR used the amercian bumpers as they made the car look different, than the previous cars! Also because that's what they had in stock

The 350iSE used the basic 350i body with some extra posh bits for the interior, but this was still the basic interior.

Whilst my/Rose car has the new seamless body as per the SEAC which was then carred over to the 400SE which was produce till 1991
The interior dash is closer to the SEAC dash than a 400SE. The differances are hard to see untill the cars are next to each other!
It's a bit unfair to Ian as he has not seen the car in the flesh/plastic, so let's see what he thinks/say's when he see's it.

Ian in your 400SE were was the handbrake?

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 26th 2010, 9:14 pm

Ian

Just re read your reply.

I cant see why you says its an old body design

Sorry you need to look at the pics of my car it's different to a normal 350i/280i

NO Seams! a seamless body in fact! (Compared with the 350i etc)

Different front lights they are under the bumper also the rear light are also different!

There is a very good ref book (TVR an illustrated history) which actual mentions the series 3. I will e-mail you the page, leave it up to you if you want to add it to this post!

O! when are you going to update the members car page! To add this car and change Capt Slows car!

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   March 31st 2010, 8:02 am

On the instruction s of Andy H, here's the info on the series 3 wedges.

Here's the happy new owner !

You really most get to grips with this picture posting Andy !!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   April 2nd 2010, 2:03 pm

> To add this car and change Capt Slows car

Hey let's have a bit more respect here. We're all Captain Slow at the moment anyway - in fact Captain Static.. oh no let's not get back to the thesis of static charging. Laughing

I was enjoying the historic wedge discussion earlier study Sleep

Car looks good Andy. Have to pop over and view. Hope you've got your 2 second delay reaction steering sorted on your car transporter for this season. affraid

PS Is it taboo to colour code the black bumber strips ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another wedge for Andy !!!!   

Back to top Go down

Another wedge for Andy !!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1