Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 11th 2011, 10:05 am

Did you put a request in for the sunshine as well Ian lol!

Lets hope Phil has his new water pump fitted ok. We don`t want anymore rattles being thrown out of the pram on PH now do we lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 11th 2011, 10:54 am

Nigel Lewis wrote:
Did you put a request in for the sunshine as well Ian lol!

Lets hope Phil has his new water pump fitted ok. We don`t want anymore rattles being thrown out of the pram on PH now do we lol! lol! lol!

Have tried to get through to the sunshine office, but nobody's answering. lol!

What's this about rattles then Nigel ? Have I missed something ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 11th 2011, 11:11 am

Post in the Griff forum few days ago http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=9&t=1038062&mid=15615&nmt=WATERPUMP++PRECAT+4%2E0

Think one of Phils replies was deleted Suspect certainly made someone return to the AM forum affraid affraid

No doubt Phill will enlighten us all on the 28th lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 11th 2011, 9:10 pm

lol! who`s been stiring up on ph this time lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 12th 2011, 7:43 pm

Very Happy phils water pump is on new set of plugs so we will be in force out numbering the coujets lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 16th 2011, 5:49 pm

RV DETAILS

At Peter's suggestion (thanks) we will meet at the services next to the Caxton Gibbet roundabout. This is at the junction of the A428 and the A1198.

Map here : http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=caxton+gibet&ll=52.228683,-0.104848&spn=0.001239,0.006968&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=52.228685,-0.104849&panoid=hhUe_A03STydOHE__NV6IQ&cbp=11,112.54,,0,0.35

From here it's only a short run down to the airfield of about 15 mins so we need to be ready to leave the RV point by 9.00am latest.

I have 6 passes to hand out and Colin and Phil already have theirs. Any problems let me know.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 16th 2011, 6:17 pm

There is a Shell garage with a little chef next to it at that junction, so should be plenty of space to park.
Long term weather says rain, so based on weather forecasts, that means it should be sunshine lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 23rd 2011, 1:15 pm

The weather looks like it's okay so far : http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=St%20Neots&day=5

Lets hope it stays that way ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 26th 2011, 9:06 pm

sunny hoping for the sun on sunday looking forward to see everyone be affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 27th 2011, 6:45 pm

Cars all cleaned and ready for the off. See you at Caxton Gibett in the morning folks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NASCAR

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 27th 2011, 7:39 pm

The only worry I have about tomorrow is will Mr M make up his mind and what Mr S wears on the lower half of his body. I don't care about the weather it pales into insignificance.

The 88 and 9 rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 28th 2011, 10:18 pm

> The only worry I have about tomorrow is will Mr M make up his mind

Lol. Whatever are you alluding to ? Very Happy I shudder to think. ;-). Great to see you all today - I enjoyed myself even through all the rain. Only slightly damped spirits as I kerbed my offside rear going through the Gransden village on the way home Sad . I knew I should have stopped at the sixth pint pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 9:30 am

Only slightly damped spirits as I kerbed my offside rear going through the Gransden village on the way home Sad . I knew I should have stopped at the sixth pint pale [/quote]

Colin you only kerbed your wheel!! Paul completely LOST his nearside wheel,hub everything!!!! affraid

Phil afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 9:41 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid is about right at least you got 4 wheels lol! i been reading about this hub nut on the ph forum seems quite common will be doing modification now lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 10:29 am

Paul, glad you are both okay. Awful end to a great day out.

Thanks to you all for coming along, and hope you had a good day despite the weather best efforts. Be interested to here any feedback on the event as it may well be back on the calendar for another year.
Back to top Go down
pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 11:31 am

Very Happy would go there again but on 4 wheels lol! great day ian thanks for finding it ! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 12:50 pm

Yep, 4 wheels is the way to go Paul. lol!

Anyway, my photos from the day can be seen : HERE
Also on Facebook : HERE

A couple to get you started

Our little line up.

Paul' s new ride for next year !

Last edited by Ian V on August 29th 2011, 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NASCAR

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 1:51 pm

The alluding to bit Mr. M is that I (and others) have spent many hours in finding the perfect partner for you and when we do so you tell me that you do not like ladies who play the ukulele ! I would have thought that a hard drinking muso like your good self would have been a bit more enthusiastic.

On a much lighter note thanks to Ian for arranging a great day and I would certainly like to go again next year if I am spared.

When collecting Paul's wheel from the side of the A 428 yesterday some b*****d was trying to steal it ! Which got me thinking why would would anybody want a TVR wheel ?

The 88 and 9 rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian V
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 1:59 pm

NASCAR wrote:

When collecting Paul's wheel from the side of the A 428 yesterday some b*****d was trying to steal it ! Which got me thinking why would would anybody want a TVR wheel ?

I trust you showed them the error of their ways Peter.

Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   August 29th 2011, 3:30 pm

> The alluding to bit Mr. M is that I (and others) have spent many hours in finding the perfect partner for you

Pete, Are you sure you're not slightly exaggerating there Question Laughing

> I would have thought that a hard drinking muso like your good self would have been a bit more enthusiastic.

I'm not sure I'm ready for a hard drinking rock'n'rolling Ukulele player though mate. Throwing my telly out of the window etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August   

Back to top Go down

Little Gransden Air show - Sunday 28th August
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2